AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) - By age 17, 78% of children have experienced tooth decay. Forming healthy dental habits early can help children form a healthy relationship with the dentist and have healthy teeth.
· First dental visit within 6 months of the first tooth or by age 1 year.
· Preventing cavity germ transmission.
· Brushing twice daily with fluoride toothpaste/flossing.
· Eating nutritious and balanced meals and limiting snacking.
· Discontinuing thumb sucking/pacifier use by age 4.
· Sealants beginning at age 6 years.